- 2 Chinese / Japanese eggplants - baton size thick slices
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- Chinese Laundry Dan Dan Sauce - 2 tbsp
- salt - to taste
- 1/2 onion - small diced
- 1 carrot - small diced
- 2 stalks celery - small diced
- Thai chilis - small diced
- Sprinkle generous amount of salt over eggplant slices to coat each slice of eggplant, let sit for minimum 20 minutes
- In the meantime, cut and prep all other ingredients
- In a wok or pan, saute onion and carrots until onions are translucent, remove from heat to be used later
- Rinse excess salt off of eggplant slices, then squeeze them with both hands to remove excess moisture.
- In a wok or pan, sauteed eggplant slices on one side first until slightly golden, then flip and do the same to the other side.
- Add carrot and onion back into the wok/pan along with minced garlic and diced celery, stir fry ingredients together on medium heat.
- Add Chinese Laundry Dan Dan Sauce. 2 tbsp is a guideline, you can adjust to your own taste.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add scallion and cilantro if desired.
- Remove from heat and serve right away.